The Capita Group Board will be donating £50k to the Disasters Emergency Committee’s (DEC) Pakistan Floods Appeal.
As most of you will be aware Pakistan has been affected by the worst floods in decades, with over 1,000 people reported to have died with that number likely to rise.
Approximately 14 million people have been made homeless as a result of the floods, which are also feared to worsen as more rain falls and water moves downstream. As a result of the floods, aid agencies expect that the death toll will rise caused by deadly waterborne diseases and cases of cholera have already being reported.
If you would like to personally donate to the appeal you can call the donation line on 0370 60 60 900 or online via the DEC website. The money raised will help fund the life saving work taking place in Pakistan by the DEC’s Members and their partners.
The DEC’s current response to the flooding in Pakistan
The DEC’s Members and their partners have so far helped the survivors of the Pakistan floods in numerous ways including:
- distributing food packages
- setting up temporary shelters and toilets
- providing emergency household items including mattresses, mosquito nets and water containers
- setting up medical camps and delivering antibiotics and oral rehydration salts to help fight the number of diarrhoeal disease and other infections
- delivering clean drinking water to survivors, repairing water systems and providing packets of water purification tablets to make safe drinking water
For a full list of what the DEC’s Members and their partners have been doing to help the people in Pakistan please go to the DEC website.
If you would like to find out more about Capita’s charitable activities in this instance and others, please contact the Capita Charity Team on email@example.com